Thank you for your interest in joining the BSIO.
The Call for 2021 is open from the 4th of June to the 9th of July!
After klicking the "Apply now" button, you will be forwarded to the DRS Application Platform. Please choose from the drop down list “I want to” the BSIO. After your account has successfully been activated, you can log in to the system and complete your application form. You can re-login any time and further process of your application, but be sure to "Submit Application" before the deadline. Only submitted applications will be processed.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to provide the contact data of two referees. As soon as you fill in their email addresses in the corresponding fields they will automatically receive an email from us asking them to fill in an online reference form, so you do not need to download any reference form. You will be able to check if your referees have already given their reference in the corresponding status tab.
- Applications are only possible in English.
- Please understand that we will only process applications submitted through this platform. Applications by email or post will not be considered .
- All uploaded certificate documents must be recognizable as legally attested copies.
- You have to choose 5 faculty members whose research focuses are the most interesting to you. Therefore, please have a look on BSIO Faculty – Recruiting 2021 on our homepage.
Deadline for the application is the 9th of July, 2021.
- Your application has to be submitted electronically by this date and the letter of reference needs to be submitted until the 16th of July, 2021 by both referees. You can check the status of your application any time using the status tab in your electronic application form ("Edit Application").
- The selection process will take place until mid-August 2021.
- No legal entitlement shall be constituted by applying to the programme, reasons for rejections will not be disclosed.
After the application portal has closed, we will evaluate all applications thoroughly. Shortlisted candidates will be notified in August and will be invited for a selection round taking place in the beginning of September.
During the selection round all candidates are expected to give an oral presentation about their previous research experience and to take part in panel interviews with members of our BSIO faculty.
The program will admit successful candidates for autumn/winter (starting dates November to February).
ATTENTION: Due to the corona pandemic, the selection rounds are adjusted to an online-based format.