Prof. Dr. Angela Relogio
Systems Biology of Cancer
Molecular Cancer Research Center (MKFZ)
Institute for Theoretical Biology (ITB)
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Habilitation in Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics, Charité Medical University of Berlin, Germany
- Joint PhD in Biomedical Sciences, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany and the Faculty of Medicine, University of Lisbon
- Diploma in Technological-Physics Engineering, Superior Technical Institute, University of Lisbon, Portugal
Professional Experience (selection)
- Research coordinator of the Institute for Theoretical Biology (ITB) at the Charité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Teaching Coordinator of the Institute for Theoretical Biology (ITB) at the Charité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Group leader (Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin)
- Post-Doctoral fellow (European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), Heidelberg
- PhD student (European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), Heidelberg
- Mathematical modelling of the mammalian circadian clock
- Regulation of alternative splicing
- Systems biology of cancer
- Circadian regulation of molecular processes
- Development of in silico and in vitro models for chronotherapy
Most important Awards, Grants or Scientific Achievements
- Female Independency Award (FIA) from the Berlin School of Integrative Oncology (BSIO), Charité Medical University of Berlin, Germany.
- Young Investigator’s Group – Grant from the BMBF, Germany.
- Rahel-Hirsch-excellence award, Charité Medical University of Berlin, Germany.
- Postdoctoral fellowship from the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), Germany.
- PhD fellowship-Praxis XXI programme from the Foundation for Science and Technology, Ministry for Science and Technology, Portugal and the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), Germany.
- Abreu, M., Basti, A., Genov, N., Mazzoccoli, G., Relógio, A.* (2018). "The reciprocal interplay between TNFα and the circadian clock impacts on cell proliferation and migration in Hodgkin lymphoma cells." Sci Rep. 2018
- Fuhr, L., El-Athman, R., Scrima, R., Cela, O., Carbone, A., Knoop, H., Li, Y., Hoffmann, K., Laukkanen, M.O., Corcione, F., Steuer, R., Meyer, T.F., Mazzoccoli, G., Capitanio, N., Relógio, A.* (2018). "The Circadian Clock Regulates Metabolic Phenotype Rewiring Via HKDC1 and Modulates Tumor Progression and Drug Response in Colorectal Cancer." EBioMedicine. 2018
- El-Athman, R., Fuhr, L., Relógio, A.* (2018). "A Systems-Level Analysis Reveals Circadian Regulation of Splicing in Colorectal Cancer." EBioMedicin. 2018
- Lehmann, R., Childs, L., Thomas, P., Abreu, M., Fuhr, L., Herzel, H., Leser, U., Relógio, A.* (2015). "Assembly of a comprehensive regulatory network for the mammalian circadian clock: a bioinformatics approach." PLOS One. 2015.