Charité - University Hospital Berlin
Augustenburger Platz 1
Beate Rau has specialized in surgical oncology, especially in upper and lower GI-tract- and thoracic-cancer-surgery. Her main interest is surgical oncology, what she mostly did the last 30 years.
Hyperthermia is one of her topics. With different technology (phased array technology, thermotherapy induced by nanoparticles, and others) she was very much involved in research and generating multimodal treatment concepts. Convinced by hyperthermia she achieved experience in cytoreductive surgery (CRS) for peritoneal surface malignancies (PSM) and HIPEC over the last 15 years. With her effort, she got the status of a centre of excellence and reference for surgical treatment of PSM in Germany, announced by the German society of general surgery (DGAV) and is therefore responsible for one of the few centres in Germany.
She is committed to the German Surgical Society of Oncology and engaged with the PSM Group, which is called PSOGI. For the topic, she organises annually repeating courses to educate skills and knowledge to participants in the field of PSM.
She started her academic carrier in Heidelberg Rohrbach, University of Heidelberg and at the Charité in Berlin. She is very much involved in education of the students and young trainees. She is board member of the European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO). Since 2015 she is the head of the Section Special Surgical Oncology at the Charité.
Senior Consultant Surgeon – Head of the Section Special Surgical Oncology
Campus Charité Mitte | Campus Virchow-Klinikum
Chair: Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. J. Pratschke
- Dahlmann, M., Gambara, G., Brzezicha, B., Popp, O., Pachmayr, E., Wedeken, L., Pflaume, A., Mokritzkij, M., Gül-Klein, S., Brandl, A., Schweiger-Eisbacher, C., Mertins, P., Hoffmann, J., Keilholz, U., Walther, W., Regenbrecht, C., Rau, B., Stein, U. (2021) "Peritoneal metastasis of colorectal cancer (pmCRC): identification of predictive molecular signatures by a novel preclinical platform of matching pmCRC PDX/PD3D models." Mol Cancer. 2021 Oct 21;20(1):129. doi: 10.1186/s12943-021-01430-7.PMID: 34670579
- Haffner, I., Schierle, K., Raimúndez, E., Geier, B., Maier, D., Hasenauer, J., Luber, B., Walch, A., Kolbe, K., Riera Knorrenschild, J., Kretzschmar, A., Rau, B., Fischer von Weikersthal, L., Ahlborn, M., Siegler, G., Fuxius, S., Decker, T., Wittekind, C., Lordick, F.(2021) "HER2 Expression, Test Deviations, and Their Impact on Survival in Metastatic Gastric Cancer: Results From the Prospective Multicenter VARIANZ Study." J Clin Oncol. 2021 May 1;39(13):1468-1478. doi: 10.1200/JCO.20.02761. Epub 2021 Mar 25. PMID: 33764808.
- Feldbrügge, L., Gronau, F., Brandl, A., Auer, T.A., Oeff, A., Thuss-Patience, P., Pratschke, J., Rau, B. (2021) "Systemic Chemotherapy Including Ramucirumab in Combination With Pressurized Intra-Peritoneal Aerosol Chemotherapy Is a Safe Treatment Option for Peritoneal Metastasis of Gastric Cancer." Front Oncol. 2021 Apr 12;10:610572. doi: 10.3389/fonc.2020.610572. eCollection 2020.PMID: 33912438.
- Kurreck, A., Gronau, F., Alberto, Vilchez, M.E., Abels, W., Enghard, P., Brandl, A., Francis, R., Föhre, B., Lojewski, C., Pratschke, J., Thuss-Patience, P., Modest, D., Rau, B., Feldbrügge, L. (2022) "Sodium Thiosulfate Reduces Acute Kidney Injury in Patients Undergoing Cytoreductive Surgery Plus Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy with Cisplatin: A Single-Center Observational Study." Ann Surg Oncol. 2022 Jan;29(1):152-162. doi: 10.1245/s10434-021-10508-x. Epub 2021 Aug 4. PMID: 34350529.
- Kamada, Y., Hida, K., Yonemura, Y., Sugarbaker, P.H., Ghabra, S., Ishihara, S., Nagata, H., Murono, K., Goi, T., Katayama, K., Morikawa, M., Rau, B., Piso, P., Acs, M., Coccolini, F., Canbay, E., Hsieh, M.C., Bhatt, A., Bonnot, P.E., Glehen, O.(2021) "The Characteristics of 206 Long-Term Survivors with Peritoneal Metastases from Colorectal Cancer Treated with Curative Intent Surgery: A Multi-Center Cohort from PSOGI." Cancers (Basel). 2021 Jun 13;13(12):2964. doi: 10.3390/cancers13122964.PMID: 34199234 Free PMC article.